Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This Week's Plan

So, in the future I hope to gets these meals plans out early in the week and and I can do more posts highlighting the individual recipes and what-not.  The plans will always end at Saturday morning because after breakfast is when we head out to the farmers' market and do our grocery shopping.  Here is our plan for this week:




Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Breakfast Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Toast (GF English Muffin for me) Homemade Granola and Puffed Brown Rice, Almond Milk and Strawberries or Bananas or Apples Oatmeal with Honey, Vanilla, Cinnamon and Fruit Homemade Granola and Puffed Brown Rice, Almond Milk and Strawberries or Bananas or Apples Oatmeal with Honey, Vanilla, Cinnamon and FruitHomemade Granola and Puffed Brown Rice, Almond Milk and Strawberries or Bananas or Apples Greek or Coconut Milk Yogurt with Homemade Berry Sauce and Homemade Granola
Lunch
PB&J on Whole Wheat Bread or GF Tortilla and Peaches Smoothie with Fruit and Spinach, Carrot Muffins Hummus with Triscuits or GF Crackers, Grapes Tortilla with cream cheese, cinnamon, raisins, and apple fries Tortilla Soup (frozen from the party) and Fruit
Dinner Grass-Fed Beef Burgers on Whole Wheat or GF Buns, Oven Fries  Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta Lentil Soup and GF Cornbread Turkey Meatloaf, Brown Rice, Roasted Green Beans Almond Crusted Tilapia, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli and Corn Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza, GF Pizza 

In the next week or so I'd like to feature some of our basic recipes that we have come to love that provide the base for a lot of the meals we eat.

We have designated Fridays as "Pizza Night"  and the kids really look forward to it each week.  They love helping with the dough and making their own pizza and putting the cheese and various toppings.  I think it helps them to try different things.  One day my daughter saw us putting fresh spinach on ours so she wanted to try it.  She didn't care for it but I was excited she at least tried, which any parent of a picky eater will understand how exciting that is.  For myself I have been having an Udi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust but I'm hoping to find a GF crust recipe in the future that I like.

Also, thanks to 100 Days of Real Food, we have found some great recipes that I have been making like the granola, whole-wheat tortillas, berry sauce, and I have even adapted the zucchini bread recipe to make it gluten free.

The week has been pretty good so far but my picky eaters like to constantly challenge me.  My 4-year-old daughter has decided she doesn't want to eat oatmeal anymore.  I'm going to have to think of something new.  I'm thinking maybe a baked oatmeal  or breakfast "cookie" sort of thing.  She's also been wanting to try her fruit less this week.  But she does love smoothies.  Yesterday we made one with grapes, watermelon, strawberries and spinach.  I think maybe I need to make more and freeze them in portions for her.  Our other issue was with my 2-year-old son who refused to try his lentil soup last night.  I know he would have loved it too.  I think it was a combination of no nap and the fact the he wanted some of the delicious looking cornbread.  Oh well.  I have high hopes for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails