Friday, April 2, 2010

Fried Rice and Stir-Fry

One of my recent issues of Food Network Magazine had this really cool article on Stir Fries. It's a mix and match type thing where you pick your protein, veggies, and sauce. I chose to do Sweet and Sour Chicken. It was pretty good but not amazing. Maybe my family thinks different but I don't remember too many "mmm" sounds at the table that night. I personally think I've made better stir-fries. I just feel like something was missing. Anyway I also made fried rice which is always a hit around here. It's actually quite easy and you can't put pretty much anything you want in it.



Recipe (Serves 4-6)

3 c cooked long grain rice
vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
3-4 scallions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 carrot, minced
1 t minced ginger
2 T soy sauce
Also may add: mushrooms, peas, meat, red pepper flakes

Heat 1 T oil over med-high heat in a wok or large skillet. Add eggs and allow to form a large pancake. Cook until set and put on cutting board to cool. When cooled chop into pieces. I love using my bench scraper for this. Raise heat to high and add 2 T oil to skillet. Stir-fry
scallions and carrot for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry another minute. Add rice and soy sauce and stir-fry a few minutes. Then add chopped egg and any additional ingredients and cook until heated.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails