Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sweet Mustard Pork Roast

I found this blog recently when searching for new crockpot recipes. The funny thing is about two days after I found the blog, the writer was a guest on Rachael Ray. I've grown more in love with the idea of cooking dinner in the crockpot since my youngest was born. It seems like right at 5 o'clock when I'm ready to start cooking is when the baby wants to eat and my toddler wants attention. So crockpot days go by so much easier. I can throw things together during naps or breakfast and not have to worry about it much for the rest of the day.



Anyway, I've tried out a few of her recipes and they've been pretty good. My husband requested a pork roast when making our shopping list so I decided to try this Sweet Mustard Roast. It was yummy!!! I chose it because of our love of mustard but it actually tasted different than I expected. My family asked what barbecue sauce I had used because that's what it tasted like: really good barbecue sauce. Definitely a keeper. I think I'll try what she did and do a beef roast with this same recipe next time. I served this with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. Easy and delicious!

Recipe (Serves 4)

3 lbs beef or pork roast
1/3 c molasses
1/3 c Dijon mustard
1 t garlic powder
2 T apple cider vinegar

Put roast in slow cooker. Top with molasses, mustard, vinegar, and garlic powder. Turn meat in sauce to coat. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 4.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails