Sunday, August 21, 2011

Starting Again; This Week's Plan

One of my goals lately has been  to get back into writing this blog.  When I was doing it I really enjoyed  taking pictures and writing about my cooking.  I might do things a little differently this time around and I might not do an article every day or each one have a recipe.  Even when I haven't been writing I still find myself coming back hear to get dinner ideas based on the things I have tried and really liked.



One thing I want to start doing is writing down my plans for the week.  I already do this so that I can get my grocery list together for the week but I'd like to have a record for me and to share with you what my intentions are.  So yesterday we went to the farmer's market and the grocery store and after all that shopping I want something easy for dinner so we had a chicken cordon bleu Stromboli.  It was delicious.  I can't wait to think of some more stromboli fillings.  It's such an easy dinner and pleases the whole family.  You just put your fillings on the pizza dough, roll it up and bake.

This week's plan:

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Breakfast Waffles French Toast Sticks w/ PB dipping sauce Whole Wheat Toast with cream cheese and fruit Banana Bread and Yogurt Whole Grain pancakes with Fruit Oatmeal or Cereal with Fruit
Lunch -- Grilled ham and cheese; Tomato soup Enchiladas Pulled Pork Pot Roast Chicken Parm
Snack -- Toddler Trail Mix Red Pepper hummus and pita chips Graham crackers and applesauce String Cheese and crackers Yogurt Pops
Dinner Chile Burgers w/ Guacamole and Steak Fries Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries Pot Roast, Mashes Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli Chicken Parmesan, Whole Wheat Spaghetti Pork Schnitzel, Mushroom Spaetzle, Baked Apples

Note: Darren makes his incredible waffles on Sunday mornings so we're never really that hungry so we kind of graze throughout the day until dinner time.  Also I don't get that inventive with lunch ideas because we tend to eat leftovers if there are any.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails